Prescribing Fostair in COPD
Fostair gives you freedom to choose the appropriate device for your patient without having to consider an increase in price.
Fostair pMDI 100/6 and Fostair NEXThaler 100/6 are indicated in the symptomatic treatment of patients with severe COPD (FEV1 <50% predicted normal) and a history of repeated exacerbations, who have significant symptoms despite regular therapy with long-acting bronchodilators.1,2 Both devices deliver 100 micrograms of beclometasone dipropionate and 6 micrograms of formoterol fumarate per inhalation.1,2
How to prescribe Fostair
Use Fostair pMDI 100/6:
Use Fostair NEXThaler 100/6:
Fostair NEXThaler: optimised for drug delivery and patient reassurance[[3-5]]
An easy device to operate1,3,
Full dose delivery4,6–10
Patients receive a full dose with consistent lung deposition, above a flow rate of 35 L/min4,6–10
Designed for patient reassurance1,3,4,7–10
Fostair NEXThaler’s audible ‘click’ reassures patients that the dose has been taken1,3
Fostair NEXThaler’s dose counter only counts successful individual inhalations, so each dose registered equals a dose taken1,3
With Fostair NEXThaler you know that no dose is wasted6
- Fostair NEXThaler’s unique dose protector means the dose is only released on inhalation above a flow rate of 35 L/min, so you can be sure that all doses have been taken and none wasted6
- Fostair NEXThaler’s dose counter only counts successful individual inhalations, so each dose registered equals a dose taken1
For patients currently using Fostair plus a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) – click here for Trimbow® (beclometasone/formoterol/glycopyrronium) information11
For additional information to share with your patients who have been prescribed Fostair NEXThaler or Fostair pMDI please visit our Fostair NEXThaler patient and carer site or Fostair pMDI patient and carer site.
COPD: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; FEV1: forced expiratory volume in 1 second; LAMA: long-acting muscarinic antagonist; pMDI: pressurised metered dose inhaler.
1. Fostair NEXThaler 100/6 Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
2. Fostair pMDI 100/6 Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.
3. Voshaar T, et al. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2014; 27(5): 363–370.
4. De Backer W, et al. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2010; 23(3): 137–148.
5. Farkas A, et al. Int J Pharm. 2017; 533(1): 225–235.
6. Corradi M, et al. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2014; 11(9): 1497–1506.
7. Virchow JC, et al. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2018; 31(5): 269–280.
8. Buttini F, et al. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2016; 29(2): 167–178.
9. Pasquali I, Brambilla G. RDD Europe 2013 (Berlin, Germany; May 21–24).
10. Mariotti F, et al. Eur Resp J. 2011; 38: 830.
11. Trimbow Summary of Product Characteristics. Chiesi Limited.